Press release – Carrara, March 10 th
At Seatec, the exhibition of technology, components, design and subcontracting applied to pleasure boating, conceived and organized by IMM CarraraFiere, the only event dedicated to the sector in Italy and southern Europe, now in its 19th edition, on March Thursday 18 th will be held the conference entitled “Propulsion and alternative fuels, more environmentally friendly”
This is a particularly hot topic, in the perspective of finding more sustainable and feasible solutions for the environment and in anticipation of a contingency of price increases and possible rationing of petroleum-derived fuels.
The speakers are:
- Barbara Amerio, owner of Permare, who has developed a hybrid system with Volvo for her superyachts Amer 100 and 120;
- Paolo Bertetti, engineer, research and development director of Sanlorenzo who has in build a 50-meter megayacht, that contains a fuel cell generation system;
- Romualdo Ruotolo, engineer, H2System Engineering manager of Punch HydroCells, who is developing a system for using hydrogen as a fuel in current diesel engines, constituting a totally ecological alternative even to bio diesel;
- Paolo Olivieri of H2boat who produced a 10-meter sailboat with an electric engine powered by a fuel cell generator with hydrogen contained in the bulb and participated in the fuel cell engine of the 25-meter built by Fincantieri in Castellammare, currently engaged in sea trials;
- Giorgio Caviglia of Sealence, which produces the DeepSea electric jet engine to be applied outside the hull, based on an annular electric motor that has reached 200 kW of power.
SEATEC Press Office – COMPOTEC MARINE
Follw us on: Facebook LinkdeIn Twitter
@SeatecCompotec Seatec @Seatec2017